Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Minor Car Repair - Win!

Yesterday I had a winning moment in my quest to be more self-reliant.  I taught myself how to change out a burnt bulb in my car's tail lights!


Not my car, but same make and model, and even the same tail light!
photo from here


Now, if you're a "car person" you're probably chuckling to yourself over something so simple.  Now that I know how simple it is, I'm chuckling myself....but after reading my car owners manual, searching for tutorials online, and struggling for an hour and a half on the task itself, I was about ready to throw in the towel and take the darn thing to the repair shop.  I don't have much mechanical aptitude and the instructions were written with the assumption (to my mind, anyway) that the user understood certain terminology.

After much gnashing of teeth, I figured it out.  The bulb cost $5.49 at the auto parts shop, which is considerably less than what the labor charge would have been at a repair shop.  Yay!

Next on the to-learn list for cars:  jumper cables and changing tires.  Oi.


2 comments:

  1. Well, color me impressed! Really! I don't know how to do this.
    ~Cindy
    www.RetroRevivalBiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post provided such a detailed summary that even though it was brief, it was conciseaustin texas auto repair

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments....c'mon, make my day! :)