- Walmart is evil and should be avoided at all costs on the best of days, but especially on a Monday that not only is 4 days away from Christmas but is also on the eve of a major snowstorm approaching. Grrr.
- My office phone number is one digit off from a taxidermist's number in a neighboring town. Today I got 4 calls from a frustrated hunter who couldn't figure out why he kept getting me. I thought about messing with his head when I saw his number pop up on caller ID again, but I didn't. It is the holidays, after all.
- How will no-bake cookies taste using natural peanut butter? Hmmm...
- I think my co-workers think I'm insane for listening to 30's and 40's big band music on internet radio in my office. I have yet to get a comment about it, but I can just tell they wonder. Especially since when I started working here all I ever listened to was heavy metal.
- I've eaten enough chocolate and snowball cookies to last me two months. Ugh.
- Why do people panic and run to the store before a storm comes? I mean, have we run out of every single morsel of food in the house and will literally have nothing to eat? And for what, a couple of days? Has anyone ever actually starved to death because they didn't make it to the store to stock up on pop and chips and were
too lazy to dig their car outsnowed in? It's funny how we all have this lemming mentality over food.
- Yesterday Husband and I ate lunch at real old fashioned greasy spoon diner downtown called Tex's Cafe. Real glass plates, pop served in Coke glasses, long counter with round stools, crusty old men customers flirting shamelessly with the waitresses, who called her customers by name. Best hamburger I've had in months.
- I was reading a thread on the Fedora Lounge forum today, where members were fantasizing about building their own vintage town, a Golden Era utopia, and discussing who would do what job and what it would look like, etc. All in fun of course, but if such a place existed, I'd want to live there in a heartbeat!
- Ooh, ooh, TCM alert! If you like the movie musical My Fair Lady, tonight TCM is showing it, and AFTER that they're showing Pygmalian, the original movie/play My Fair Lady was based on. I'm excited to see how they differ!
- My dad really enjoyed the little movie I made the other day and appreciated all the nice comments. Now he's digging around for other old recordings he may have laying around. I've created a monster! ;) And wouldn't luck have it, but we unearthed another photo that I wish we'd had when I put it together, because it's probably the coolest one of them all (imo). So, I'll share it now. :)
- [looks at clock, is it time to go home yet?] Dang, nope.
Happy Holidays everyone!