Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Made It

I managed to get through last night - the one week anniversary of Ginger's death - relatively unscathed.  I only cried once and that was when I called Sasha Ginger and realized what I'd said.  Everything still feels so surreal with having a different dog in the house, but we're taking it one day at a time.  Sometimes just one moment at a time.  After all my doubts about getting Sasha so quickly after Ginger left us, she's turning out to be a godsend.  It's just too bad the timing of it all was so weird, but maybe it's weird because it was meant to be this way?  A member of that pet loss support forum I posted to the other day suggested that perhaps Ginger sent Sasha to us, and as kooky as that might sound, I take comfort in that thought.

As I try not to wallow in my grief I'm trying to force myself to pay attention to (and care about) the things that interest me again.  It's so hard to care about anything when you're depressed and grieving, but to not try at all, I think, is worse.  Come to think of it, even prior to last week's upheaval, I haven't been caring about the things that interest me.  Time to get a grip on this depression, for sure.

I'll be posting more photos of Ginger as I start to go through them all on my computer, as well as of our other furry family members.  And Sasha too, of course.  They are, after all, our "kids", and other people post photos of their kids, so why not me?  I think I never really did all that much before because I didn't want to be known as one of those people, you know....the person you roll your eyes at and think "Oh God, she's posting another photo of her stupid cat again" types, lol.  We're really not crazy pet people, honest, but to say that we don't love our animals to pieces would be lying.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the weekend and getting back some sense of normalcy, whatever that is!  I'll be trying to blog more and see if I can get back in the swing of things.  I think I may change the name of this blog back to Gingerella's Corner which is what it originally was when I started it 2 years ago.  I've messed around with the name, format, and the URL of this site so much that I think my new posts might not be showing up in followers' feeds like they used to.

Yes, Gingerella was one of Ginger's nick names, and one that I stole years ago to use for my online activities.  One day we were being silly with her and started singing the "Cinderelly, Cinderelly" song that the mice sing from Disney's Cinderella to her, then we changed it to "Gingerelly-Gingerelly."  Another memory to add to the list.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. Ginger sounds like a sweet dog! I'm sure you miss her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I read your post about Ginger passing away. I couldn't comment. I just bawled and bawled. We get so attached to our pets.

    Glad you are posting again.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments....c'mon, make my day! :)