Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Christmas Quiz!

I haven't had time this week to put together a more proper post, but someone at work handed me this quiz and I enjoyed trying to work out the answers....so I thought I'd see how well you fare!

You've probably seen this, or something similar, before, as I have.....still, quite a few stumped me.  Each clue/phrase represents the title of a traditional Christmas song:  just put your answers below in the comments!  Some of them are obvious, and some are waaaay out there and will have you scratching your head.  I'll give ya'll a couple of days to play and then I'll post a followup blog with the answers.

So put on your red and white Santa thinking caps and play along!  I'll give you the first one as a freebie example:

1.  Sir Lancelot with laryngitis
     (answer:  Silent Night)

2.  Decorate the entry-ways.

3.  The smog-less bewitching hour arrived.

4.  The lad is a diminutive percussionist.

5.  Exuberation to this orb.

6.  288 Yuletide hours.

7.  Do you perceive the same longitudinal pressure which stimulates my auditory sense organs.

8.  The red-suited pa is due in this burg.

9.  Far back in a hay bin.

10.  The apartment of 2 psychiatrists.

11.  ABCDEFGHIJKMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

12.  Present me naught but dual incisors for this festive Yuletide.

13.  That exiguous hamlet south of the holy city.

14.  Behold!  I envisioned a trio of nautical vessels.

15.  Listen, the winged heavenly messengers are proclaiming tunefully.

16.  A joyful song relative to hollow metallic vessels which vibate and bring forth a ringing sound when struck.

17.  Frozen precipitation commence.

18.  Boulder of the tinkling metal spheres

19.  Vehicular homicide was committed on dad's mom by a precipitous darling.

20.  We are Kong, Lear, and Nat Cole.

21.  Our fervant hope is that you thoroughly enjoy your yuletide season.

22.  Parent was observed osculating a red-coated unshaven teamster.

23.  May the Deity bestow an absence of fatique to mild male humans.

24.  Natal celebration devoid of color, rather albino, as a hallucinatory phenomenon for me.

25.  Obese personification fabricated of compressed mounds of minute crystals.

26.  Tranquility upon the terrestrial sphere.

27.  Have hitherward the entire assembly of those who are loyal in their belief.

Have fun!  :)

13 comments:

  1. Wow, there's some stumpers in there! lol

    Circle 7-2099

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely rubbish at these quizes, i didn't get a single one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, i had a think about it, how have i done??

    2: Deck the Halls
    4: Little Drummer Boy
    6: The 12 Days of Christmas
    9: Away in a manger
    11: The first Noel???
    12: All I Want for Christmas is my two front teeth
    13" O little town of Bethlehem
    14: I saw three ships
    15: Hark, the herald angels sing
    16: Carol of the bells
    18: Jingle Bells
    20: We 3 Kings
    21: We wish you a merry Christmas
    22: I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus
    23: God rest ye merry gentlemen???
    25: Frosty the snowman
    26: Peace on Earth
    27: O Come o ye faithful

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Gingerella!
    This is JWalker from Gingerology...just letting you know I have changed my 'title' to VKMfan from jwalker... thanks!

    BTW...neat quiz! I have actually seen it before, tho, so I am not going to give anything on it away!

    Hope your Season is going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggi: I actually left out one that made no sense whatsoever, even after I knew the answer!

    Stefanie: I'd say you're on the right track!

    VKMfan: nice new moniker! :) I'm well, just stressed and REALLY looking forward to my Christmas break. One of the perks of working for a university is the time off over holiday shutdowns; I'm off from Dec. 23 through Jan. 3rd. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love these! They warp my little pea brain :D

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here are my Guesses ( Spoiler Alert! Don't read this post if you want to solve the puzzles yourself!)

    1. (freebie) Silent Night
    2. Deck the Halls
    3. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
    4. The Little Drummer Boy
    5. Joy to the World
    6. The 12 Days of Christmas
    7. Do you Hear What I Hear?
    8. Santa Clause is Coming to town
    9.Away in a Manger
    10. ( I Couldn't figure this one out for the longest time!!!) The Nutcracker Suite
    11. The first Noel
    12.All I want for Christmas is my Two Front teeth
    13. O little Town of Bethlehem
    14. I saw Three Ships
    15. Angels We Have heard on High
    16. Silver bells
    17. Let it Snow!
    18. Jongle Bell Rock ( this was the toughest one for me!!!)
    19. Grandma Got Run over by a reindeer
    20. We Three Kings
    21. We wish you a merry Christmas
    22. I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause
    23. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
    24. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
    25. Frosty The Snowman
    26. Let there be Peace on Earth
    27. O Come Let us Adore Him

    How did I do?
    Thanks for sharing-- this was a lot of fun!
    Merry Christmas, Cousin!
    ~Pepperjones (Emily)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura: It doesn't take much to warp my pea brain, lol ;)

    Emily: Hey there cousin, nice of you to drop in! :) I always wonder who of my facebook friends and family pop in and lurk, hehehe. You almost have it...a couple are not quite right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. got most, not all. Thanks for the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course! Who could forget Charlie Brown Christmas :) that was going to be one of my next video posts so stay tuned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I think I got about three, but I'm not telling you which as it's embarrassing!

    It gave me a good giggle though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they're all trick questions. They're all really "Here comes Peter Cottontail".

    Right??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Richard: hehehe! :)

    Kathryn: damn, the secret is out! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments....c'mon, make my day! :)